UDEVDSection: udevd (8)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEudevd - event managing daemon
- udevd [--daemon] [--debug-trace] [--debug] [--version] [--resolve-names=early|late|never] [--help]
- Detach and run in the background.
- Run all events completely serialized. This may be useful if udev triggers actions or loads kernel modules which cause problems and a slow but continuous operation is needed, where no events are processed in parallel.
- Print debug messages to stderr.
- Specify when udevd should resolve names of users and groups. When set to early (the default) names will be resolved when the rules are parsed. When set to late names will be resolved for every event. When set to never names will never be resolved and all devices will be owned by root.
- Print version number.
- Print help text.
- Overrides the syslog priority specified in the config file.
Written by Kay Sievers email@example.com.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:31 GMT, December 24, 2015