CONVERTQUOTASection: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: Fri Aug 20 1999
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEconvertquota - convert quota from old file format to new one
SYNOPSISconvertquota [ -ug ] -e filesystem
DESCRIPTIONconvertquota converts old quota files quota.user and quota.group to files aquota.user and aquota.group in new format currently used by 2.4.0-ac? and newer or by SuSE or Red Hat Linux 2.4 kernels on filesystem.
New file format allows using quotas for 32-bit uids / gids, setting quotas for root, accounting used space in bytes (and so allowing use of quotas in ReiserFS) and it is also architecture independent. This format introduces Radix Tree (a simple form of tree structure) to quota file.
- -u, --user
- convert user quota file. This is the default.
- -g, --group
- convert group quota file.
- -f, --convert-format oldformat,newformat
- convert quota file from oldformat to newformat.
- -e, --convert-endian
- convert vfsv0 file format from big endian to little endian (old kernels had a bug and did not store quota files in little endian format).
- -V, --version
- print version information.
- new user quota file
- new group quota file
SEE ALSOquota(1), setquota(8), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8)
AUTHORJan Kara <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:25 GMT, December 24, 2015