YP.CONFSection: ypbind\-mt (5)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEyp.conf - NIS binding configuration file
The file /etc/yp.conf is read from ypbind(8) at startup or when receiving signal SIGHUP. The entries are used for the initial binding. Valid entries are
- domain nisdomain server hostname
- Use server hostname for the domain nisdomain. You could have more then one entry of this type for a single domain.
- domain nisdomain broadcast
- Use broadcast on the local net for domain nisdomain.
- domain nisdomain slp
- Query the local running SLP server for hosts running ypserv and distributing nisdomain. This option is only available, if ypbind was compiled with SLP support.
- ypserver hostname
- Use server hostname for the local domain.
- If no other server is given or all of them are not reachable, try a broadcast call for the default domain to find a server.
ypbind-mt was written by Thorsten Kukuk <email@example.com>.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:01 GMT, December 24, 2015