WHOSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: June 2012
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEwho - show who is logged on
SYNOPSISwho [OPTION]... [ FILE | ARG1 ARG2 ]
Print information about users who are currently logged in.
- -a, --all
- same as -b -d --login -p -r -t -T -u
- -b, --boot
- time of last system boot
- -d, --dead
- print dead processes
- -H, --heading
- print line of column headings
- -l, --login
- print system login processes
- attempt to canonicalize hostnames via DNS
- only hostname and user associated with stdin
- -p, --process
- print active processes spawned by init
- -q, --count
- all login names and number of users logged on
- -r, --runlevel
- print current runlevel
- -s, --short
- print only name, line, and time (default)
- -t, --time
- print last system clock change
- -T, -w, --mesg
- add user's message status as +, - or ?
- -u, --users
- list users logged in
- same as -T
- same as -T
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by Joseph Arceneaux, David MacKenzie, and Michael Stone.
REPORTING BUGSReport who bugs to email@example.com
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
Report who translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for who is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and who programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils aqwho invocationaq
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:12 GMT, December 24, 2015