RMDIRSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: June 2012
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMErmdir - remove empty directories
SYNOPSISrmdir [OPTION]... DIRECTORY...
Remove the DIRECTORY(ies), if they are empty.
- ignore each failure that is solely because a directory
- is non-empty
- -p, --parents
- remove DIRECTORY and its ancestors; e.g., `rmdir -p a/b/c' is similar to `rmdir a/b/c a/b a'
- -v, --verbose
- output a diagnostic for every directory processed
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSReport rmdir bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
Report rmdir translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for rmdir is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and rmdir programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils aqrmdir invocationaq
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:10 GMT, December 24, 2015