PKEYPARAMSection: OpenSSL (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEpkeyparam - public key algorithm parameter processing tool
SYNOPSISopenssl pkeyparam [-in filename] [-out filename] [-text] [-noout] [-engine id]
DESCRIPTIONThe pkey command processes public or private keys. They can be converted between various forms and their components printed out.
- -in filename
- This specifies the input filename to read parameters from or standard input if this option is not specified.
- -out filename
- This specifies the output filename to write parameters to or standard output if this option is not specified.
- prints out the parameters in plain text in addition to the encoded version.
- do not output the encoded version of the parameters.
- -engine id
- specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause pkeyparam to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the default for all available algorithms.
EXAMPLEPrint out text version of parameters:
openssl pkeyparam -in param.pem -text
NOTESThere are no -inform or -outform options for this command because only PEM format is supported because the key type is determined by the PEM headers.
SEE ALSOgenpkey(1), rsa(1), pkcs8(1), dsa(1), genrsa(1), gendsa(1)
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:09 GMT, December 24, 2015