PERF\-BENCHSection: Misc. Reference Manual Pages (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEperf-bench - General framework for benchmark suites
perf bench [<common options>] <subsystem> <suite> [<options>]
- Specify format style. Current available format styles are:
- Default style. This is mainly for human reading.
.ft C % perf bench sched pipe # with no style specified (executing 1000000 pipe operations between two tasks) Total time:5.855 sec 5.855061 usecs/op 170792 ops/sec .ft
- This simple style is friendly for automated processing by scripts.
.ft C % perf bench --format=simple sched pipe # specified simple 5.988 .ft
- Scheduler and IPC mechanisms.
SUITES FOR sched
- Suite for evaluating performance of scheduler and IPC mechanisms. Based on hackbench by Rusty Russell.
Options of pipe
.ft C % perf bench sched messaging # run with default options (20 sender and receiver processes per group) (10 groups == 400 processes run) Total time:0.308 sec % perf bench sched messaging -t -g 20 # be multi-thread, with 20 groups (20 sender and receiver threads per group) (20 groups == 800 threads run) Total time:0.582 sec .ft
- Suite for pipe() system call. Based on pipe-test-1m.c by Ingo Molnar.
Options of pipe
.ft C % perf bench sched pipe (executing 1000000 pipe operations between two tasks) Total time:8.091 sec 8.091833 usecs/op 123581 ops/sec % perf bench sched pipe -l 1000 # loop 1000 (executing 1000 pipe operations between two tasks) Total time:0.016 sec 16.948000 usecs/op 59004 ops/sec .ft
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:07 GMT, December 24, 2015