MKDIRSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: June 2012
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEmkdir - make directories
SYNOPSISmkdir [OPTION]... DIRECTORY...
Create the DIRECTORY(ies), if they do not already exist.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -m, --mode=MODE
- set file mode (as in chmod), not a=rwx - umask
- -p, --parents
- no error if existing, make parent directories as needed
- -v, --verbose
- print a message for each created directory
- -Z, --context=CTX
- set the SELinux security context of each created directory to CTX
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSReport mkdir bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
Report mkdir translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for mkdir is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and mkdir programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils aqmkdir invocationaq
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:06 GMT, December 24, 2015