LIBVIRTMIB_SUBAGENTSection: Virtualization Support (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMElibvirtMib_subagent - SNMP subagent for libvirt
SYNOPSISlibvirtMib_subagent [OPTIONS] [LISTENING ADDRESSES]
DESCRIPTIONThe libvirtMib_subagent provides SNMP functionality for libvirt. Therefore it is now possible to gather and set domain status over SNMP from one place. This allows to create views of entire platforms end to end.
It communicates with SNMP agent over AgentX protocol (RFC 2741) and extends agent's set of infomation provided. Therefore, we need a running SNMP agent. This behaviour can be avoided using -M option.
The libvirtMib_subagent understands these OPTIONS:
- Don't fork. Run in foreground.
- Turn on debugging output for the given TOKEN(s). Without any tokens specified, it defaults to printing all the tokens (which is equivalent to the keyword '"ALL"'). You might want to try ALL for extremely verbose output. Note: You can't put a space between the -D and the tokens.
- Display a list of configuration file directives understood by the agent and then exit.
- Run as a normal SNMP Agent instead of an AgentX sub-agent.
- Connect to master agent at ADDRESS (default "/var/agentx/master"). The address can either be a Unix domain socket path, or the address of a network interface. The format is the same as the format of listening addresses described below.
- Do not open a log file; print all messages to stderr.
BUGSReport any bugs discovered to the libvirt community via the mailing list ``http://libvirt.org/contact.html'' or bug tracker ``http://libvirt.org/bugs.html''. Alternatively report bugs to your software distributor / vendor.
AUTHORSPlease refer to the AUTHORS file distributed with libvirt.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2011 Red Hat, Inc., and the authors listed in the libvirt-snmp AUTHORS file.
LICENSElibvirt-snmp is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL v3. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
SEE ALSO snmpd, <http://www.libvirt.org>
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:05 GMT, December 24, 2015