certmongerSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: 12 August 2010
Index Return to Main Contents
SYNOPSISgetcert start-tracking [options]
DESCRIPTIONTells certmonger to monitor an already-issued certificate. Optionally, when the certificate nears expiration, use an existing key pair (or to generate one if one is not already found in the specified location), to generate a signing request using the key pair and to submit them for signing to a CA.
SPECIFYING EXISTING REQUESTS
- -i NAME
Modify the request which has this nickname. If this option is not specified,
and a tracking entry which matches the key and certificate storage options
which are specified already exists, that entry will be modified. Otherwise, a
new tracking entry will be added.
KEY AND CERTIFICATE STORAGE OPTIONS
- -d DIR
- Use an NSS database in the specified directory for reading this certificate and, if possible, the corresponding key.
- -n NAME
- Use the certificate with this nickname, and if a private key with the same nickname or which corresponds to the certificate is available, to use it, too. Only valid with -d.
- -t TOKEN
- If the NSS database has more than one token available, use the token with this name for accessing the certificate and key. This argument only rarely needs to be specified. Only valid with -d.
- -f FILE
- Read the certificate from this file. For safety's sake, do not use the same file specified with the -k option.
- -k FILE
Use the key stored in this file to generate a signing request for
refreshing the certificate. If no such file is found when needed,
generate a new key pair and store them in the file.
Only valid with -f.
KEY ENCRYPTION OPTIONS
- -p FILE
- The private key files or databases are encrypted using the PIN stored in the named file as the passphrase.
- -P PIN
The private key files or databases are encrypted using the specified PIN as the
passphrase. Because command-line arguments to running processes are trivially
discoverable, use of this option is not recommended except for testing.
- -I NAME
- Assign the specified nickname to this task. If this option is not specified, a name will be assigned automatically.
- Attempt to obtain a new certificate from the CA when the expiration date of a certificate nears. This is the default setting.
Don't attempt to obtain a new certificate from the CA when the expiration date
of a certificate nears. If this option is specified, an expired certificate
will simply stay expired.
- -c NAME
Enroll with the specified CA rather than a possible default. The name of
the CA should correspond to one listed by getcert list-cas. Only
useful in combination with -r.
SIGNING REQUEST OPTIONSIf and when certmonger attempts to obtain a new certificate to replace the one being monitored, the values to be added to the signing request will be taken from the current certificate, unless preferred values are set using one or more of -U, -K, -E, and -D.
- -U EKU
- Add an extensionRequest for the specified extendedKeyUsage to the signing request. The EKU value is expected to be an object identifier (OID).
- -K NAME
- Add an extensionRequest for a subjectAltName, with the specified Kerberos principal name as its value, to the signing request.
- -E EMAIL
- Add an extensionRequest for a subjectAltName, with the specified email address as its value, to the signing request.
- -D DNSNAME
Add an extensionRequest for a subjectAltName, with the specified DNS name
as its value, to the signing request.
- -C command
- When ever the certificate is saved to the specified location, run the specified command as the client user.
Be verbose about errors. Normally, the details of an error received from
the daemon will be suppressed if the client can make a diagnostic suggestion.
BUGSPlease file tickets for any that you find at https://fedorahosted.org/certmonger/
SEE ALSOcertmonger(8) getcert(1) getcert-list(1) getcert-list-cas(1) getcert-request(1) getcert-resubmit(1) getcert-stop-tracking(1) certmonger-certmaster-submit(8) certmonger-ipa-submit(8)
- SPECIFYING EXISTING REQUESTS
- KEY AND CERTIFICATE STORAGE OPTIONS
- KEY ENCRYPTION OPTIONS
- TRACKING OPTIONS
- ENROLLMENT OPTIONS
- SIGNING REQUEST OPTIONS
- OTHER OPTIONS
- SEE ALSO
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:03 GMT, December 24, 2015